Project Wonder’s ERExcelLook is a framework that leverages Direct To Web and the ExcelGenerator framework to easily generate Excel exports. I just finished a short screencast on adding it to an existing project. The topics covered are:
- Adding Direct To Web to an existing project
- Adding and action to trigger an .xls export for an array of entities
- Creating a new model file
- Modifying the rules
Links for the screencast:
- There is an archive of the completed sample project available here.
- The project is based on the Movies database, and a MySQL dump is available here.
- The Rule Modeler tool used in the screencast can be found here.
- The screencast itself can be found here.
I hope you enjoy it, let me know what you think.
Update: Dave Holt points out that you can specify the worksheet name by adding it in parenthesis as the first item in your
displayPropertyKeys array. i.e:
( "(WorksheetName)", "title", "dateReleased", "category", "studio.name" )