Leopard is out and with it comes a slew of WebObjects changes. The release of WO 5.4, the official deprecation of the tool chain (which we’ve known was coming for some time), Apache 2 support, etc.
There’ve been some posts to the webobjects-dev list which I consider required reading. I don’t know if this stuff has made it into the wiki yet, so here are some links:
- The Official What-I-Did-To-Run-5.3-On-Leopard Post – the canonical how to get started on Leopard post by Mike Schrag.
- Re: The Official What-I-Did-To-Run-5.3-On-Leopard Post – additions to the launch daemon plists to support logging by Art Isbell.
- JavaEOGenerator – The announcement of the EOGenerator replacement from Apple – posted by Mike Schrag.
- Re: State of the Union – Mike Schrag’s (again!) view of the current state of WebObjects and it’s tools.
So, lots going on, and it all looks good IMHO. Should be a good year for WO.
- The permissions on /Library/WebObjects/Configuration needed to be fixed otherwise wotaskd and javamonitor barf.
- /System/Library/WebObjects/Executables/WOOpenURL seems to be missing. I copied it from the WO53 install and that works. Upate: It turns out that it’s not needed for WO54, it just uses the